Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Fireworks Delineate End of 2007 and Beginning of 2008

I’m not a person who celebrate events like New Years, Eids, birthdays and any other days you could add to it. I could say that, because I usually don't do that, and I don't have the urge for celebration as most people do. However, New Year’s Eve turned out to be one of the greatest nights ever. The night started with pizza and some drinks at a friend’s place. Afterwards, we went to a huge pub in Victoria called The Albert. The place was damn full and entrance closed, forcing us to find another pub nearby. The Slug and Lettuce turned out to be pretty cool hangout. The place was decorated nicely for New Year’s Eve; a fantastic venue with the right ambience for the evening. It was so enjoyable; happy faces, everyone laughing with the party spirit, enjoying the few hours before ending a long year.


Everyone was dancing like crazy. I’m not much of a dancer (not at all), moving slowly to the beat. Danie made me dance; I couldn’t resist. She thought me few steps and I was good. J Thanks to her, she was dancing up a storm. We planned to go and see the fireworks at zero hour. However, due to unplanned setback we couldn’t see the first minute. The amazing firework lasted for about 10 minutes. London eye was so colorful and sometimes not visible because of the fireworks going on the foreground. It was a stunning scene, lighting up London, streets were so packed and people stood everywhere staring at the impressive display. The darkness awakened by impressive lights invading the sky as Big Ben strikes 12. Just WOW… Happy New Year 2008!!! It’s good to start a new year with excitement. Thanks to Brigitte for organizing it.


After watching fireworks, we walked through Westminster to a pub in Leicester Square called O’Neil’s. It was a cold and drizzly night. Police presence was high. There were mobilized first aid units helping those in need. The pub was awash with people. You can’t standstill when you hear beats like that. Great music! I enjoyed stone-cold sober, every bit. It was about four in the morning, when we were ready to go home. I was so tired and sleepy, but I had a fabulous time nevertheless. And guess what…… London underground was free after midnight. Saved a bit!! Hehe.. J I reached home at about 5. Tried to sleep, but my brain wouldn’t shutdown. I was running back and forth between bed and this chair till about 10a.m, when I fell asleep.


It's a new year now. Is it ??? I don't see any difference in my routine. I don't have resolution, which isn't my thing. Probably I should make a resolution and add 'more reading' to it. I don't know. I read all of your blogs, that's a lot. Isn't it?


Anyways, a glorious New Year to you guys. If you have resolution, try to stick to it till the last digit on todays date changes to 9. Hope you guys had a great time!! Obviously I did!! It would be nice to hear about your New Year’s Eve.


Cheers!!
Hammett

24 comments:

  1. thats cool!! u had loads of fun :D
    In Male' they dont have fireworks anymore (sniff sniff)..
    but we make do with what we have (which is nothin') lol..
    My new years was fun as well.. Spent it with family! had a nice time..
    and as I said before yummy food to go with it!! Yay
    Hapi New year Hammet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had I spent the new year in London...

    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. white-moon - thanks .. That's cool! it's nice to spend new year with family.. and if food is yummy, no complaints.. hehe.. a glorious year to you!! :)

    Jaa - Thanks for dropping by... Happy new year!! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, I'm envious, you had loads of fun while I stayed home and watched TV! Now how much fun is that? LOL!

    Glad to see you enjoy yourself. I'm a little too old to be out there partying in the streets so a nice comfy couch was just perfect for me :D

    Happy New Year buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool. you'r so excited. guess what i was doing... sleeping. keke. But i can see how it wud be like.. watching her dancing.. and "couldn't resist part" hehe.. good enjoy boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... nice.
    I am glad you were able to enjoy your new years eve. Its just that time of the year. It's always so much fun.
    Enjoy the rest of the year as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey glad to know you had so much fun...:D Sounds really exciting!!

    Male' was boring!! hehe just same same as another day! :D Wish Male' was London that day alone! heheh

    Have a happy happy 2008 Hammett! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad that u enjoyed...

    hope the rest of the year would be like that... with a great smile on the face!

    cheeeeers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nick - hehe.. as you've mentioned partying age is long gone, i guess you enjoyed watching X-men.. ;) thanks to u..happy new year..

    Raaji - Thanks. I wish you the same :)

    Pixsie - it was exciting.. thanks.. ye. male' dhoa... hopefully would be good next year.. wishing a good year to you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hammett,

    Seems like you had a great time.. as i enjoyed reading the description...

    Well you know these small events and celebrations like birthday, Eid, New year, etc makes life beautiful... so dear avail n grab each n every opportunity in life to bring yourself plus others around some happiness.. :)

    May God keep you smiling :)

    Happy New Year!!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. Samrina - Thanks for the lovely words. would take your advice.. hope you had a wonderful time and happy new year... tc.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey i wish i was also in london to celebrate the new year....

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like u had fun. wanted to spend new year in another country. but plans got foiled. oh well. happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my dear, Forget your Fear,
    Let all your Dreams be Clear,
    Never put Tear, Please Hear,
    I want to tell one thing in yr ear,
    WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgiven - Thanks :)

    Shiphattey - you should've been here man.. ;)

    kaiza - that's too bad dhoa... sure u'll make it next year.. cheers! :)

    raghu ram- that's so nice.. thanks a lot.. wishing u a happy new year..


    thanks all of u for commenting.. hope you'd have a great year.. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like you had a hell of a time... =)

    thanks for the comment. how'd you find me?

    ReplyDelete
  17. cl0r - Thanks for visiting.. It's a small world. Technology makes it smaller than it already is.. and blogosphere makes it tiny. anyone is a click away... I read quite a lot of blogs.. was browsing through.. and found yours somewhere.. I liked your posts.. cool!! Would read more..
    cheers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. thats true - not much difference between dec, 31st and jan, 1st - but then it is just a way to start something new and see the results of what has been done :)

    Have a very cheerful and happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lena - exactly!! thanks for visiting my blog... Have a great year... cheers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your night sounds very exciting. They are great when they happen. I hope the fun continues throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. nessa - Thanks a lot.. hope the same for you.. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Make a resolution for some variety if you will..otherwise nothing is new about the new year...its just another day..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Solitaire - I guess you're right.. I don't have a resolution.. guess I should try cutting down on cigarettes on doing more BLOGGING.. cheers :)

    ReplyDelete

Suggestions and criticism are appreciated